Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech Funerals to be Target of Westboro Baptist Picket -- *Update 4/20 & 4/23!

--*UPDATE 4/23! Due to massive outrage and protest by the sane and good people in this world, Phelps has called off his vultures. There will be no WBC pickets for the Virginia Tech funerals, thank God. Please go to my main page for the latest update. Thank you.

--*UPDATE 4/20! (From Barking Moonbat: The Phelps hyenas are actually headed for Ryan Clark's funeral in Georgia. I have a feeling that they won't be well received there.)

4/17 - From Towerload:
Never missing the opportunity to take advantage of a tragedy, Fred Phelps and his gang of haters at Westboro Baptist Church plan to picket
the funerals of those killed in the Virginia Tech shootings, according to a message on their website (which I haven't linked on purpose):
"WBC will preach at the funerals of the Virginia Tech students killed on campus during a shooting rampage April 16, 2007. You describe this as monumental horror, but you know nothing of horror -- yet. Your bloody tyrant Bush says he is 'horrified' by it all. You know nothing of horror -- yet. Your true horror is coming. 'They shall also gird themselves with sackloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads' (Eze. 7:18).

Why did this happen, you ask? It's simple. Your military chose to shoot at the servants of God today, and all they got for their effort was terror. Then, the LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at your children. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for assailing His servants."

No doubt they'll blame the shootings on the gays as well. But as many people have noted, the more these nuts trot themselves out, the more a symbol of the need for tolerance they become.

'Rev.' Phelps. Satan's Delivery Boy.

Absolutely disgusting! We need the Patriot Guard Riders! The victims of this madness do not deserve to have their living memories stained by the presence of Phelps and his mob.

Here is a small tribute to some of the beautiful people who lost their lives.

Ryan Clark

Reema Samaha

Jarrett Lee Lane

Daniel Perez Cuevas

Matthew La Porte


22 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I think I'm going to throw up!

April 17, 2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger Tony Allen said...

awesome tribute.

Those Westboro assholes are death mongers.

I don't easily advocate violence, but if ever an ass whippin were needed these guys have one comin.

There comes a point in any society where enough is enough and in my book if the Westboro scum show up at these funerals it is time to throw down.

April 17, 2007 11:32 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

wbc proves again that they have nothing to do with Christ!
Self-centered group, it's all about them.
So many young lives, so many devastated lives, another wound that doesn't need salt poured into them by this group of publicity clowns!

tmw

April 18, 2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Urban Infidel,
I've calmed down enough to post on this topic. I gave you proper attribution, of course.

April 18, 2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

AOW,
Thanks.

Something has to be done about this pack of hyenas.

April 18, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

what insanity..does it ever end!

April 18, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger American Crusader said...

I've been to their web site before. It was after they had started demonstrating at the funerals of fallen soldiers.
For claiming to be a Christian organization, it seems they have missed every point Jesus ever tried to make.
I keep thinking about Liviu Librescu, the Holocaust survivor who died saving the lives of his students.
God must have had a special purpose for this man. Maybe one of his students or one of his student's offspring will play a significant role in the salvation of man.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

April 18, 2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is their phone number: (785) 273-0325
call them and let them know how much you disapprove.

April 18, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

As far as I know, our military is shooting at Islamofascists.

Are THEY the "servants of God" to whom these assclowns are referring?

I take "you know nothing of horror--yet" as a threat. DHS needs to take them out.

April 18, 2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

These guys need to be horsewhipped!

April 18, 2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

Brooke,
I don't EVEN want to see the protest signs these zombies are coming up with for this.

April 18, 2007 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL O'REILLY HAS EXPOSED HOW THE HATE-FILLED DEMLIBS ARE TRYING TO POLITICALLY EXPLOIT THIS HORROR!!!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/2wkrde

THEY MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!

April 18, 2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

This is sick and Phelps has gone too far long ago.

Has anyone told him about compassion humanity and respect.
I would almost like to sentence him to four hours of Maplethorpe photos for his arrogance.

April 19, 2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger Rita Loca said...

Thanks for this tribute! And this hateful group makes any decent person ill!

April 20, 2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

UPDATE** 4/20

I just heard that the Phelps creeps are headed for the Ryan Clark funeral in Georgia.
My throat is choking up thinking about it. Ryan must have been an amazing person and so loved. Phelps had better rethink this. I get the feeling they WON'T be well received.

April 20, 2007 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a parishioner of Reema Samaha's parish, which also happens to be Paul Weyrich's parish, I am utterly disgusted with this. Her family is more Christian than they could ever hope to be.

April 20, 2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

Thank you, anonymous for your thoughts. She looks like she was a wonderful person.

I saw her brother on TV the other night. I don't know how he was able to compose himself, I could see the agony in his eyes, but he spoke so well of her. He is a shining noble person to have to endure this pain. My heart goes out to her family and to all the families who lost loved ones.

April 20, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Rita Loca said...

UI; Thanks for commenting on my blog, hope you come back soon!

April 21, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger American Crusader said...

anonymous..I had called this number a couple of years ago when they started protesting at the burials of fallen soldiers and was told pretty much that I was going to hell.
Phelps is as much a Reverend as was Jim Jones.
Maybe they can share the same result.

April 24, 2007 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job UI, lovely tribute. I agree, I hope the Patriot Riders show up anyway, in case the Westboro Wackos break their word, or some other troublemakers show up. Ditto to what Tony Allen said.

Btw, Congratulations! Apparently you are blocked in China! I'm proud to say I am too, but I wish I wasn't. It's currently #7 in my stats of country visits, but other countries have been catching up lately, now I know why. It will be interesting to see if any more slip through.
My last China hit was 4/18.

http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org



absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
endanger everyone

don't force help on crazies
they have right to murder first
.

April 27, 2007 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey UI, BEWARE ABOUT ENTERING THE HTML for the http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org
!!!
It blocks my blogger Customize and sign in/out buttons in my upper right corner.

Now I have to email them and tell them to fix it, or give bloggers some different choices for banners and placement.

Now, to Customize and remove the code I have to go the longer way through 'New Post' and then 'Template', and I can't sign in or out from my home page. This is a bit of a pain, but not too bad if I have to. Natches! Otherwise the banner looks cool.

For the cause, I think I'll leave it anyway and change it when they do, I'm sure it is freaking some other people out too, I've wasted about an hour :) figuring this out and leaving follow up comments to my "Congratulations!" notices. I'm glad I only did 2 of them so far. :( See the upper right corner of my page, thanks. :) :)


absurd thought -
God of the Universe loves
poorly placed web banners
.

April 27, 2007 2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patriot Guard Riders and Hokies teamed up to stop the Westboro Baptist Church CULT
link to article in ezineblog.org

There's a link to an awesome site, 4thosewhocant. Click on it and you can see pictures of Ryan Clark's memorial. Make sure you turn on the volume, there's a great tribute song.

May 12, 2007 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home